Sunday, June 15, 2008
Vacation to Carlsbad, CA
We just spent 5 great days in Carlsbad, CA, which is just on the North side of San Diego. Our photos say a lot more than I could say in words, so I'm posting a bunch of them - I hope not to drive you too crazy. The first day, we spent with my brother, Jason, and his wife, Lisa, and their two kids, Eli and Grant. And my parents were with us the whole week. It was great to spend time all together!
Eli and Tommy both turn 2 this month, so they are great playmates. Here they are playing cars together.
We celebrated their birthdays together while we were there. Here they are attempting to blow out their candles.
One of the things we did most every day was go on walks. Here, the three big kids stopped to rest and watch the waves roll in. We explained to them that God gets all the glory for creating such a wonderful thing as the ocean - I hope they get it.
Here is a hard-working sand-castle-building team...well, two of them are working hard. One of the greatest challenges was keep the "destructinator" from stomping on the castle (that would be Tommy).
Allie is not so sure that she likes having sand everywhere. But when you're 3-and-a-half, its inevitable, you're going to get it everywhere. And she did.
This was an attempt to get a photo of a family of monkeys - actually that's just us, but most of us were acting like monkeys. This is the best shot we got.
We went to Legoland for one day, along with Grandma and Grandpa (my parents). Here's Jack and Macy enjoying the log ride with Grandpa.
Allie is doing a great job driving her boat. And she really was driving - it does not run on a track. There were many boat pile-ups and boats going backward along the path, but it is really fun!
Here's Grandma and Jack on the Kid Power Tower. They pull themselves up and then they can zoom back down when they let go of the rope.
Allie is checking out this Lego Fireman - his head turns.
We enjoyed this Fairy Tale Brook so much that we rode it two times in a row!
Splash Battle is Steve's favorite ride. You get to spray other riders on their boats and you can spray spectators, who also have spray guns to get you too.
Grandpa and Tommy are enjoying the view from our condo. It was right across the street from the beach. Tommy definitely loves being with Grandpa. The funny thing is what he calls him. He usually says the last syllable of words, so I would expect "Grandpa" to be "pa", but it is simply "ha". I think "Grandma" is also "ha", but he doesn't say that nearly as much. As soon as he would wake up, he would start asking for "ha". I don't think Grandpa minded this new little nickname at all. The other funny thing that Tommy insisted on was that the ocean was a "pool". It must be a saltwater pool - and God was the contractor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Gorgeous pics! I'm glad you all had a great time! Precious memories! I love the pic of Allie and the sand! :)
Great pictures. We had a great time with you guys.
Post a Comment