Monday, June 30, 2008

Had a great time at the circus!

Steve, Macy, Jack and Allie went to the Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus. The kids loved it! As we continue to talk about it, and I ask what their favorite part was, one kid will say, "well, I have five favorite parts" and they will proceed to list them all. And then the next kid realizes that they don't have to narrow it down to one favorite part, so they say something like "I have seven favorite parts" and the conversation goes on and on. These wonderful conversations make the whole trip to the circus worth it.

Here's Allie enjoying her lighted, spinning globes and glow necklace (which were purchased ahead of time at about 10% of the cost of what it would be there at the circus.)

Here's the handsome man who made it all happen. If such an event were left up to the mom in the family, our kids would not have seen a circus yet (and this was the 2nd trip in family history). Thankfully, God gave our kids Steve as their Daddy. He is everything they could possibly want or need in a dad. Taking kids to the circus with a child to parent ratio of 3:1 requires energy (to prepare the backpack, to drive to downtown Phoenix, and to walk to and from your parking spot in 110+ degree weather), patience (when they ask for another trip to the bathrom), guts (not knowing how kids will react to the loud volume and darkness), and love (God grants us lots of that). The kids and I are so blessed to have Steve as a father and husband. Thank you, Honey, for making this great day happen. I love you!!!

1 comment:

Jason and Lisa said...

How fun. I always enjoyed the circus as a kid. Great job Steve taking 3 kids to the circus...I'm sure a 3:1 ratio is difficult at times.