Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girls and their hair...

Ever since Allie was an infant, she has tagged along to Macy's haircuts, but she has never had one herself. Whenever she asked for a haircut, I would trim a little off of the length here at home. So her hair was getting long enough to fit nicely into ponytails. This is a picture of her a week ago.


Recently, Allie has been asking if she could have short hair. She seemed pretty earnest about it, so I set an appointment and she counted the days. Here she is enjoying her special treatment. I think she truly felt special. Much more special than having mom trim it at home. She got to sit in a car and watch the movie of her choice. Mrs. Scottie paid her extra attention, and Allie loved every minute of it.

Here's the after picture. I don't think Allie could really go wrong. While I hoped for long hair and ponytails, Allie hoped for something else, and it's pretty cute too.


Macy, too, has decided to change her hairstyle. She is growing her long, and she oftentimes asks me to put ponytails in her hair. I suppose after having her hair cut the same way for 4-and-a-half years (out of 6), I should allow her have a say in the matter. She can't really go wrong either.

It is such a privelege to be the mom to these precious little girls. While they look beautiful on the outside, I am always trying to look at the inside. There are times when I can see their hearts and I can see that they love God with all they've got, and that is amazingly beautiful. Praise God!

4 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

How fun! I love Allie's new hairdo. I'm so glad to see that the curls are still there. :)

Matt and Lindsey said...

The girls look gorgeous! That's so great that they look that way inside and out! Man, I miss seeing you all in person! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love Allie's haircut! The girls look great. I look forward to seeing them when we get back from our trip.
Love, Mom

Kristen said...

Her hair is adorable! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! Thanks for the comment! I use photshop sometimes with my pics...I'm a picture junkie! I must say I laughed out loud on your post of your "Hired" car washers...too cute!