
Precious Allie made this sign to cheer on Daddy. The drawing is of Daddy. Go Daddy!

We high-fived Daddy at mile 20 and again at mile 25. He looked this energized each time! He is amazing!

Next, we found him when he was done. Way to go Baby!!!!! He finished in 4 hours and 55 minutes. And he ran the whole way - 26.2 miles!!!!! He dreamt this, he trained for it, and he accomplished it! I am so proud of him. I love this man with all my heart and I love the crazy ideas that he comes up with (like running a marathon) because without them we might not do anything out of the ordinary. I don't think God has called us to be ordinary. And Steve has relied daily on God to prepare him for this run, to give him strength and to keep him motivated. Thank you, God, for carrying him through! Way to go Honey!!!
To add even more joy to an already glorious day, we had a very historic football game to watch. The Arizona Cardinals won the NFC Championship against the Philadelphia Eagles, here at home, and they are headed to the Super Bowl!!! If you are at all familiar with the Cardinals, you would understand the state of complete shock that all of us fans are still in - it seems absolutely unbelievable! The kids are really into it also - as soon as the game was over they wanted to get out on the street to talk about it with their neighbor buddies.

Here's two of my favorite Cardinals fans. We typically watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, but now we actually have a team to cheer for! Go Cards!!!
3 comments:
I love all the new pictures (except the one of Jack all scraped up as that doesn't look like fun...poor kiddo). COngrats on running a marathon, Steve! It looks like you have the best cheer leaders around! :) We love you guys.
Way to go Steve - so many marathons lately!
WOW...that is SO cool!!!! I'll take it easy and so the Pat Tillman run!!!! :)
Post a Comment