Saturday, January 17, 2009

Other not so interesting news...

Jack took a rough fall on his bike. He came to a stop with his face on the pavement.
Tough guy
This is what he looked like two days after the fall, but now he is healing up beautifully. He's a tough guy!

Then, this past Sunday, I came down with a fever that would just not let up. Then, came the bad cough. After a doctor appointment and a chest x-ray, it was clear that I had pneumonia. Steve took some time away from work to take care of the kids, and I, as I laid in bed for the majority of the week. We felt much love and care from our family, friends and neighbors who offered lots of help. Thank you!!! We are also thankful to God for providing great medical care and strong antibiotics. Just for some icing on the cake, Jack came home from school with pink eye, which I quickly contracted, but we got the necessary eye drops and continued on our way.

One important factor in the week was to keep Steve healthy because he had the run of his life coming up on Sunday. Praise God he has remained healthy - ready to tackle a marathon!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Amy....so glad you are feeling better. Wow....sounds like a lot to handle. So glad Steve was able to care for the kiddos while you rested.