Monday, February 16, 2009

The Force runs strong in our family

My family seems to be obsessed with Star Wars. I say "my family" because it is true for 5 out of 6 of us - just not me, but I'm having fun with it anyway. It all started when the neighbor kids got some little Star Wars action figures and light sabers for Christmas. Then our kids discovered that Daddy actually owns the digitally re-mastered copies of IV, V, and VI on DVD. And within a couple weeks they had seen all three. That is, except Macy and myself. Macy is not very interested in movies, especially if they are the least bit dark or loud. So I take advantage of these times to be with Macy. Even so, Macy has jumped right on board the bandwagon of being a Star Wars fan - she has learned the whole story line from her 5-, 4-, and 2-year-old siblings. Can you believe that my 2-year-old has seen these movies?!? I still cannot believe it.

We are constantly pretending to be certain characters, talking about them over dinner, and having light saber battles. Some of the following photos have also been digitally re-mastered by my Star Wars-obsessed husband for the kids' enjoyment, but I have to share them here because they provide a perfect depiction of our current household craze.
Use the Force Allie
This is Allie as she says, "I'm forcing you back." I have yet to actually feel the force push me back, but with the amount of practice my kids are putting in, I should be feeling a nudge in no time. Maybe I should start trying to use the force myself - it could really come in handy!

Darth Jack
Jack is pretending to be Darth Maul, after his double-sided light saber was split into 2 single light sabers. This face is looking a little too villainous for my sweet boy.

Macys Lightsaber
I love it when Macy gets in on the action. Of course, it doesn't make sense to have Princess Leia buns in your hair and have a light saber - because everyone knows that Leia only has a blaster - but when you're pretending, it just doesn't matter. Well, that's not true, it does matter to her siblings.

Battle
Here is a normal battle scene. Jack is always the bad guy. So, it is everyone else against Jack.

Jedi Tommy
Tommy's intense jedi training seems to be paying off. If only they were going to film another movie, he would be a shoo-in for Yoda.

Strong with us, the Force is!

6 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! The pics are all great, but the last one of Tommy making Allie levitate is incredible! What a riot! :)

Kristen said...

Love this! This is so my house, except I only have two, I can't imagine how much more fun it would be with m ore kids! Awesome pictures Amy! The light saber glow is fantastic! I LOVE the one of allie in the sky...Great post to start my Tuesday!

Megan Bonnin said...

I'm impressed by you guys opening the SW door! After Kung Fu Panda, I can barely stand one boy and his "moves"!

Jason and Lisa said...

So, how did you get the picture of Allie in the air? That is great!

The McPoland Family said...

Oh you guys are good....to funny! HOw my husband wishes he could come over and play!

Joy said...

So funny - my kids keep asking to go back and see these pictures.