Sunday, March 8, 2009

What have we been up to?

Getting the kids set up in bunkbeds was one adventure that took a big chunk of our February. You might think that this does not really sound like much of an "adventure", but in actuality, it includes searching all over for the right bunkbeds, mattresses, bedding, and then buying all of it, taking down all four of their old beds, finding new homes for each of them (the beds, not the kids), putting the beds together, and then last, but not least, getting the kids adjusted to these new sleeping arrangements. We have all enjoyed the adventure, and hope to enjoy the new beds for many years.
Not babies anymore
Tommy was making the switch straight from crib to bottom bunk, so that meant that we were taking down the crib for the first time in 7 years. It is so dear to me, that I had to catch a photo of my babies who have slept in it.

Girls' Room
Macy and Allie love their new beds!

Boys' Room
Here's the boys on their bunkbeds.

Another thing that I got to enjoy was 3 more dates with my kiddos. On each Wonderful Wednesday, I had the privelege of going out with one of my precious children. I wrote about my date with Macy in a previous post, and I didn't catch a photo of Tommy and I, but here are my Jack and Allie.Date with Jack
Jack and I enjoyed some frozen yogurt and then went to a store to check out the latest Webkinz (not to buy one, but just to enjoy looking at them).Date with Allie
Allie and I fed the ducks at Desert Breeze and then got some ice cream!

As many of you know, we had very warm weather in February. It even got up past 90 degrees. So, how do Arizona kids cool off when they get too hot?Swimming in February
They go swimming, of course! The water was somewhere in the 60's, but that didn't stop them. They didn't go all the way under, but they definitely played in the pool for at least 20 minutes. They loved it!

Stretch to the left
The kids are working out with Daddy. They are learning to "BRING IT!"
Family yoga
This was the first time doing yoga for all of us. Allie looks like a pro!

Daddy Daughter Dinner
Macy and Steve got to go to a Daddy Daughter Dinner with other girls and their dads from Macy's bible study group. They absolutely loved it!

Preschool fieldtrip
Allie's preschool had a field trip to the zoo. And Tommy and I got to go along. Here they are with the flamingos.Allie with Millay and Olivia
Allie is having a great time with Millay and Olivia. This was our first time enjoying the splash pad at the zoo. It was a hit!

When we haven't been doing any of these other things, we (the kids) are usually doing what they call "Box of Beads". They make little designs out of beads on pegboards, and then Mommy melts it all together with the iron.Cake and ice cream
Sometimes the kids follow a design printed in the instructions, and sometimes, they just make up their own design. This is Jack's cake and ice cream.Perler Beads
This is our "box of beads" collection and it is growing almost every day.

That pretty much sums up the past couple weeks. Steve and I feel so blessed to get to enjoy so much time with our kids. I can definitely see how these will be "the good ol' days" in the blink of an eye. Is there any way to slow time down? Or what about time travel? That's going to be readily available soon, right? I sure hope so because I would like to spend more time right here, where we are at. Thank you, Lord, for these many blessings!

3 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Yeah, a post. I check almost every day for a new post. You did have a busy February! All fun stuff. :) I love the new bunk beds. Wow, 7 years of having the crib up! That is a great shot of the 4 kiddos in the crib. We hope to get together soon. I'll send you an email with some dates. :)

The McPoland Family said...

Wow....I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier! It's SO great...love the beds, and the workout's...hilarious! ;) And Millay is in your class?!? We go to bible study at their house. Love them! It has been hot!

Deirdre said...

Love the idea of one-on-one outings with each child. Can you tell me more about the "wonderful wednesday" tradition? Does Steve come home early or how do you manage it?

You have a beautiful family, Amy, and it is even more inspiring to see how much you enjoy them!