Saturday, July 19, 2008

Allie has been tagged! Thanks cousin Grant!

This is Allison Margaret at one week old. I have caught a couple of my newborns smiling in their sleep. This was one of those times. They must have sweet dreams!

Here is Allie now, at 3-and-a-half. And she is still smiling. We are so thankful for the abundant personality that she adds to our family. She's awesome!
5 Fun Facts about Allie

1. She loves her sister and brothers: Macy, Jack and Tommy. She truly expresses lots of love for each of them. She tends to be a follower, which is helpful because her sister is quite the leader type.

2. Allie is very attached to her blanky and sucking her thumb. She has a very precise technique where she sucks on her left thumb, while she uses her right hand to hold a corner of her blanky and move it around on her fingers. She loves that two of the corners have holes or seams coming loose, so her thumb or finger can easily poke into it. As soon as she starts to feel tired, she starts with the thumb, and soon, she goes to find her blanky. That blanky is so well-loved that it looks dirty even when it is clean.


3. Allie loves to play pretend. It can be anything. Sometimes she chooses to pretend that we are another family, and she assigns everyone their role. Playing doctor is another favorite.


4. Allie loves to play either Mommy or Grandma. She oftentimes asks me to babysit her babies when she needs to make a trip to the potty. When Macy or Jack talk about what they want to be when they grow up, Allie chimes in that she wants to be a mommy. I think she will make a great mommy someday.


5. Allie is a great pray-er. She prays for others, without us asking her to. And each of her prayers (other than "thank You for our food") are very unique. They are different from one day to the next. She will pray for people we don't know and for contestants that got kicked off of American Idol. She is so full of sweetness. I wish I had her same heart. I love you, Allie!


To anyone who would like to, consider yourself tagged! You're IT!!!

3 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

I love the picture of Allie smiling as a newborn. She is such a sweetheart.

Joy said...

I still think Allie's baby picture is the best most amazing newborn picture. I remember the first time I saw it I could not believe you actually captured her smiling and posed! Oh don't you love the blanky/thumb suckers :(. I know the orthodontists will love us in a few years.

We got our referrals yesterday and are so happy. It was a long wait and now we get to rejoice.

Take care,
Joy

Judy said...

with three older sibs who had very honorable life goals, I too, wanted to just be a mommy when I grew up. Seems like Allie has had some great role modeling for her to see that motherhood is such a wonderful calling. I love your wonderful family.

Aunt Judy