Sunday, July 27, 2008

12 years and counting...

Twelve years ago today I married the man of my dreams. And I couldn't be happier! I was head over heals in love with him twelve years ago, and I am even more in love with him today. He is the most loving husband and father. It is so obvious to me that God specifically designed us for each other. Steve is so strong in areas where I am weak. God is so good!

I remember back in like 1989 or 90 telling my best friend that I would marry that Steve Weber guy some day, but I really had no basis for saying so. He was just a really handsome boy that I admired from afar, barely even casual friends back then. But somehow I knew enough to make such a claim. Of course, we did become great friends and eventually started dating in 1992. We dated through college and then got married in 1996 - on a beautiful July day in Phoenix, AZ (it was a nice 115 degrees outside!). It was a great day! It seems like it was yesterday. I'm always saying that the years with the kids go by way too fast, but really it is the years with my honey that go by in the blink of an eye. I'm looking forward to the many more years to come!

5 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Congratulations guys!

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
We saw you from afar at church today as well as Macy...Have a great week.

Jason and Lisa said...

Happy anniversary. May God bless many more awesome years of marriage.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Honey! It has been an amazingly great 12 years. You're the awesomest!

Joy said...

That is neat! Congratulations on 12 years!