The greatest reason that I keep this blog is to document this time in our life, with a hope of etching it into our minds forever. It might sound silly, but I even hope to remember the laundry. It is my privilege to get to be the family's laundry do-er, and I know it is only for a time, so I don't want to forget about it.
This is the size of pile I do at least once each week. It includes all the clothes, but not the towels, or sheets, or any other thing that needs to be washed once in a while. It can usually be done in 3 or 4 loads. I have yet to receive a call for achieving the "Largest Laundry Loads" award from Guinness Book of World Records, but I'm sure they'll be calling me soon, especially at the rate these kids keep growing! For now, it seems to work best to try to accomplish a full week's laundry in one day each week. While the sorting, washing, drying, folding and hanging may seem daunting at the beginning of the day...
...the finished product at the end of the day is a blessing. And we all share the responsibility of putting it away. May I never forget these wonderful times.
(Note to self: I probably want to remember this particular chore because it is the favorite of my chores, and it is the one that gets done most consistently because any inkling of orderliness that may exist goes completely out the window when the laundry is not done. You'll most likely never see any photos of clean toilets or showers on this blog, as noteworthy as they might be.)
Friday, January 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment