Monday, July 26, 2010

First Day of School

First Day of SchoolMacy, Jack and Allie started school on Monday! Macy is in 3rd grade, Jack is in 1st, and Allie is in Kinder. All three go to the same school - they love that! I know that I am just a tad bit biased, but I would say they look great in uniforms!

Tommy at McDsSo what do you think Tommy and I should do after we drop off the big kids to school? We headed over to McDonald's for an ice cream sundae bright and early in the morning. It was great! We had actually been putting off our Wonderful Wednesday time that we had missed the previous Wednesday, but we knew we have time for the two of us when Monday morning rolled around. (Wonderful Wednesday is a weekly celebration in our household, where one parent gets to go out with one kid on Wednesday evenings. And this past week it was mine and Tommy's turn!) So we enjoyed talking together, sharing a sundae, and then Tommy tackled the play center. It was a great way to kick off the school year.

Twinkie traditionIf you've been following this blog for a year or more, you would most likely expect to see a photo of my kids eating Twinkies in this very post. And I do not disappoint! The Weber tradition is to partake of Twinkies on the first day, after the kids get home from school. They were looking forward to these for the past couple weeks. However, I did learn that there is one Weber who would actually choose to pass up on the Twinkie. Can you believe it?!?

Great girlI just had to include this photo of my big girl. She really paves the way for all her little brothers and sister. She had homework, even on the first day! I'm just really proud of her, and want her to know that I love her and appreciate her so so much!

Way to go kids! It was a great day!

1 comment:

Jason and Lisa said...

What a great way to kick off the school year. The kids are getting so big! I can't believe Macy is in 3rd grade. When does T start preschool this year?