Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Team Weber

This is the first week for the kids in our house doing official chores - and it is going great! They have always contributed when I have asked them to help out, but their responsibilities have never been quantified in a to-do list, but I think they love having the opportunity to do these tasks on their own and checking off the item on the list when they complete it.


You're probably thinking that these are very simple things, and I agree, but we needed to start somewhere. In fact, the kids have probably already been doing about 5 of these tasks everyday all along, but by adding them to the list, I hope that they will do these things without having to be asked. The lists are on a magnetic chalk board, so they use a magnet to indicate that they have completed a particular job. Then at the end of the day, all of the boxes should be filled with magnets, and then we can remove them to prepare for the next day.


Here's Macy doing a great job making her bed.


Here's Jack when he was putting the napkins and spoons on the table.


Allie does a great job at wiping off the bathroom counter.

All three big kids are doing a great job. I think they are enjoying this new system as much as Steve and I are. If they earn another star today, they will get a reward. Yeah for them! Well done!


Tommy doesn't contribute much when it comes to chores, but I had to include thie photo of him. One morning this week when I went in to get him out of his crib, he already had this hat on and he was pretending to be riding a skateboard.

And here he is with his buddy Tyler. They have been able to play together two mornings this week. They are a joy to watch - great entertainment!

5 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Looks like the kiddos are working hard to complete their chores. Looks like a great system you have going. I'm sure Tommy helps out some too!

Jason and Lisa said...

After I just posted, I realized you changed the title of your blog. What a great verse to pop-up every time people check out your blog.

The McPoland Family said...

CUTE!!!!! Can you make me some that say Team McPoland?!?!?!? I LOVE it...!!!!

Judy said...

I love checking in on your blog. I can't wait to see your family in person and give those kids their Aunty Judy hugs - January is coming soon!

jeanette said...

Amy -I LOVE those chore lists..I'm assuming you printed them up yourselves...but are they in a holder or a magnet? what are the black dots signifying "done"? I NEED to copy your idea!
-jeanette