Friday, August 15, 2008

Allie's first day of preschool

Allie loved her first day of preschool! She painted, played with playdough and had recess. What's not to like?!?! She has been dropping off her two older siblings here for 2-and-a-half years, and finally it was her turn, so she had nothing to fear. And, she was the special helper!!! It is pretty special to get to lead the line, pick the hand stamp and give out the napkins for snack - she loved every bit of it.

In honor of tradition, we celebrated the first day with Twinkies!!!

And, for the first time in our family's history, three kids were in school at the same time, so Tommy and I took the opportunity to get some good play time with cousin Eli. As Tommy would say, "Me - Li's house, Me - Li's house, Me - Li's house, ..." until someone acknowledges him. He felt pretty special as he repeated this to Daddy and his brother and sisters. And I enjoyed my time with Lisa too, but I resisted the urge to say over and over, "Me - Lisa's house, Me - Lisa's house, etc.", even though I felt just as strongly about it as Tommy.

Here's Tommy with his two best buddy boy cousins. We had a great time with them!

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Yeah, Allie! What a big helper.

It was so much fun having you guys over. We need to do it more often. :)

Megan Bonnin said...

Amy, I love your back to school twinkies! Sawyer started preschool today and I made sure to buy some twinkies. he was so thrilled as he has never seen or partaken in this treat. Now hopefully, I can stay out of the rest of the box!