The Scorpions finished out their season with a win! Macy and Jack loved playing soccer. They have really improved, but most of all, they had fun!

I printed this photo and gave it to Macy on mother's day and I thanked her for making me a mom. It is such a privilege.
This is Jack and I at his preschool mother's day program. He gave me a painted flower pot, and we made some special "I Love You Flowers" to go in it.
Here is my sweet Allie-bear. I took this picture when we were just cuddling one Saturday morning.Here is one handsome Firefighter-Fairy-Knight. Our boy who is obsessed with superheroes and cars just recently discovered that he enjoys dressing up. I think it may have been initiated by his siblings, but now he wants to keep doing it. The rule in our house (for boys) is that you cannot put on any more dresses after you turn 4, so he can live it up for now.
The past couple weeks have seemed to be all about Mother's Day. First, I was invited to share root beer floats and other fun stuff with Jack at preschool. Then I was invited to Muffins with Mom at Macy's school. She had made all sorts of gifts for me, and her class sang songs to all the moms, and we shared muffins. Then on the actual mother's day, I took a nap and Steve and the kids gave me great cards and gifts. And we had my family over. And, eventually, we got to celebrate mother's day with Steve's mom this evening (a week late because they have been out of town). Most of all, I have spent the past couple weeks really praising God for giving me the opportunity to be a mom.
I have to share a couple funny things that the kids have said recently. One night, Allie was having trouble sleeping, so she kept calling out for "Mommy or Daddy". On about the fourth visit from Mom in one night, Allie said that she can't sleep because her finger was hurting her. Her mom, full of wisdom, told her to wrap her finger up in her blanky and it will feel all better. And Allie, not quite as wise, said, "but I don't know which one it is."
Jack has become very interested in "video games". These include games on nickjr.com and pbskids.org. So the other day when he was asking to play, and mommy was not allowing it at that particular time, Jack asked, "Well is there any sports that I can watch on TV?" I just could not believe how closely the apple has fallen from the tree!
Today was another exciting day for our family. We all got to go watch Daddy compete in a triathlon in Tempe. Steve was the superhero of the day! He swam 1500 meters, then he rode his bike 26 miles, and then he ran 6.2 miles. I don't think that I could have even finished any of the three components, let alone all three back-to-back. He did it in about 3 hours! And the kids and I got to cheer him on and observe what perseverance and training can accomplish. Awesome job, honey!
2 comments:
Congratulations Macy on losing those teeth! You have a gorgeous smile! I LOVE that picture of Tommy! That's a great one to save for his future wife! :) Congrats Steve on running the triathlon! We're so impressed! I love all the updates Amy! Keep them coming. Let me know when you'd like to get together for another water play date at the park by you!
How fun! You guys definitely have been busy. It is great to see new pictures. Steve's right...Tommy and dresses don't mix well. It's a good thing that he is just playing dress-up.
Post a Comment