
It's Easter! Everything about our day has been great. It was so wonderful to celebrate at church, with one side of the family, and with the other side of the family, with some naps in between. The kids, along with their mommy and daddy, had so much fun. But the best thing of all was that it really seems like several of our kids understand what is so awesome about Easter. Both Macy and Jack can articulate that we are celebrating that Christ is risen from the dead. And they know that he is alive in heaven and that we can go there to be with Him forever, if we know and love Him now. And Allie was listening to her Daddy read a story about Jesus' death yesterday and she said, "when you read about Jesus dying, it makes me want to cry." And her eyes were filled with tears. So she, too, really takes it to heart. A verse that I think about often is 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." This is a prayer that I have for my children every day, that they would be walking in the truth. And so the glimpses of comprehension and expressions of emotions the kids had this weekend, give me great joy. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
1 comment:
Oh my! Your kiddos have grown up so much! I feel the same way every year when we go from pants to shorts. Just seeing their legs makes them look so much bigger! I look forward to keeping up with your family through your blog.
Love,
Lindsey
Post a Comment